Friday, June 23, 2006

Don't Mess With Texas!

I'm shouting out from Port Arthur, Texas, this morning. I'm in town getting ready for my PowerPlant project that begins tomorrow. It is shaping up to be an incredible project! We are crossing all kinds of cultural barriers. Our PowerPlant students will be reaching out to the African-American, Hispanic, and Vietnamese communities. We even have a team of Vietnamese translators coming from a partner church in Houston to help us reach Vietnamese adults. It is going to be so cool!

I want some of my Southeast Texas friends fom PowerPlant Nashville to give me a holla. Come down to see me, and being me some of that Tex-Mex home cooking you all keep talking about. We could also use some help at a couple of block party events on Wednesday and Thursday. Give me a shout back with a comment on the blog. I'll check back this afternoon.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! Man...that stinks that ya'll are here this week! We are leaving for camp monday-friday! We're free saturday and probably part of sunday! Is there anything we can do or help with? I know I definately want to help! I'm sure i could round up some more that are in town!

3:44 PM  
Blogger Geoff Baggett said...

Bring them on! I look forward to seeing you guys on Saturday night at 7:00 at The Gathering.

Geoff

6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home