Friday, June 30, 2006

Welcome, Powerplanters!

Geoff and I want to extend a warm welcome to our friends from Powerplant Port Arthur, Texas and Gwinnett County, Georgia! I know this week has been exciting and life-changing for you. For those of us who constantly pray for workers for the harvest, it has been pretty exciting for us as well! We are so glad you are responding to God's call to church planting. As a way to help you meet each other and other student church planters, we wanted to ask you a couple of questions and create the first of many dialogues about church planting. We also wanted to give you an Assignment like the ones we give our Mission M Possible Field Agents. If you're game, this one is a ministry of encouragement to church planters.

So here is question #1: What is the one thing you learned this week that really changed your thinking about church planting? Post your comments!

Question #2: What is the one thing you are going to do with what you've learned when you get home? Post your comments!

Here's your task: go to http://www.gatracking.org/MainList.asp to find the list of Southern Baptist church planters in Georgia. Email one or many of the church planters a note of encouragement. Tell them you just got back from Powerplant and thank them for the work they are doing starting a new church. Ask them a few prayer requests and then share those with your youth group and pray, pray, pray! When I was a church planter in Maine, I got a call one day from someone at a church in Alabama who just wanted to pray for me. It was amazingly encouraging and gave me courage and confidence I desperately needed at the time. So go for it! Be an encourager! If you would like to encourage church planters in another place, let us know and we will tell you how to contact them. Welcome to Student Church Planting!

Roger

3 Comments:

Blogger Roger Ferrell said...

Andrew,

Man, I am so glad to hear that church planting became real to you at Powerplant! You know what would be cool? Talk with your pastor or older church members and get them to tell you the story of how your church was planted. Then ask them if they want to help plant some more churches!

Keep us posted!
Roger

11:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A-Dub! What's up?

Man, I learned this last week what church is. I used to be stuck on the thought that church was just a building, or Sundays and Wednesdays, but it's so much more. It's us(believers) loving each other in a Christ-like way and spreading it to the community.

2nd, I have no idea. Geoff kept asking: Do you wanna do something big? and man, i do. First of all, I gotta show that i am a christian and act like it. I don't need to let opportunities slip by. 2nd, I've got a year off next year before i go to college and i feel like Christ wants something big from this year I've got.

Just pray for clarity in my spirtual life.

Praise God for the work he's done this last week at Powerplant in port Arthur. We serve an amazing God.

10:39 PM  
Blogger Geoff Baggett said...

Danielle ... good thoughts. It is OK to start thinking about the students in your school as a "people group." Be creative as you seek to reach them.

Kev ... I want to help you get "plugged in" somewhere over this next year. Send me a quick e-mail to geoff@missionmpossible.net so that we can talk and work on this new vision of yours.

I am so thankful for students like who who listen to the heart of and see the vision of God!

Geoff

10:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home